Saturday, September 6, 2014

On Transition, Seasons, and Carpe Diem

It's official: I have fall on my mind.

This summer has been all about transition. We moved back to Kentucky, I started a new job, and my husband started graduate school. In many ways, I feel like I missed out on summer. Summer has always been my favorite season, but this year it just passed me by.

Maybe that's why I'm looking forward to autumn so much. It's the promise of slowing down and enjoying the season. It's the promise of starting fresh and feeling like myself again.


I barely painted anything related to summer, so I'm a bit behind on my seasonal "lines." I really should have started fall themed art back in July. But I'm determined to not let autumn pass me by, too. Here are my latest pieces, inspired by vintage harvest seed packets.

Consider this autumn carpe-d.

No comments:

Post a Comment