Sunday, March 11, 2012

Creativity












These past two months I've been an artistic rut. Everytime I've sat down to create something, it turned into a disaster. I have probably about 4 canvases that need to be painted over so I can try again. Needless to say, it's been frustrating.

This video from TED spoke to me today. What a very unique way to think about the creative process! I would emphatically say, though, that the "genius" that Gilbert talks about is God. It blows me away to think that I can somehow connect with the Creator when I make art. My artistic endeavors are just feeble attempts at mimicking what God has already created.
With this fresh perspective on creativity, I finally sat down an finished a painting I am proud of. :)
What do you do when you are in a creative rut?

No comments:

Post a Comment