Wednesday, October 6, 2010

DIY - Paper Butterfly Embellishments

I love using beautiful butterfly embellishments on my projects! Buying commercial die cut pieces of these can get pricey... Here's how you can make your own. :)



You will need:
White cardstock paper, or colored paper of your choice
Printer
Watercolor paints/brush

1. Find a black & white picture of a butterfly whose license permits you to print and use. There are many pictures on the internet. I find that printable coloring pages work great.

2. Print your butterfly on white cardstock (or a colored sheet of paper, if you so desire).

3. If on white cardstock, paint your butterflies using watercolor paints. I use phthalo blue for my blue butterflies and a mixture of crimson and red for my pink butterflies.

4. Carefully cut around your butterfly and voila! Instant embellishment!

Happy creating.
:)


1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow!!! I love these! The feel of it, the butterflies... just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete